The weather may be dull, but your skin doesn't have to be!
It's that time of the year and your skins behaviour may be as unpredictable as the weather... making it super difficult to maintain its balance right? From breakout to allergies, dull or fatigued looking, seasonal change can really create havoc on how your skin behaves. If you are experiencing the challenges of keeping your skin in check, then you may find benefit in ramping your skin care routine up a notch.
Imagine your routine as a "skin gym". Everything is coasting along well with your skin health and results are beginning to show, you are great at maintaining a regular skin care routine, then, just like that, your skin plateaus. [Insert frustrated face]. Your skin doesn't respond as well with the seasonal change, perhaps you exercise a little less, you eat more of the foods you wouldn't normally eat, your intake of fluids include more caffeine or alcohol than normal or maybe even get less sleep, and all the while you are carrying on with your same routine but to no avail! All of this can lead to stagnation of the skin. Our largest living organ becomes sluggish and just like a good gym workout, our skin needs a kick start or boost to keep it on track, energised, balanced and healthy.
So perhaps it's time to change things up a little. In most cases it is as simple as re-assessing your current routine and often including a new product or two into the mix. Personally, I recommend to never underestimate the benefits of a good masking session.
P O W E R T O T H E M A S K
Masks are a perfect for a number of reasons:
- Firstly, a masking session promotes relaxation and stress relief which in turn allows your mind body to slow, heal and regenerate.
- Masks are super easy to use and can be removed by a warm compress or if you are time poor, while in the shower.
- Masks only have to be included in your routine once to twice a week to achieve results.
- For the time poor, you can mask and multi-task. So no excuses there.
- You don't have to try and find the time to schedule in with your facialist if you are in dire need of a quick pick-me-up.
- The main benefit of using a face mask is that they pack a punch. Skin care masks are concentrated and focused treatments that allow you to optimise your skin care goals in less time.
- Best of all, there is a mask to suit and address almost all skin types, concerns and conditions. Whether you prefer a cream base for ease off application or dry concentrate powder or plants and herbs, the choice is yours.
So now is the time to jump on in and get your skin back to the 'gym' with some mask therapy to get it glowing again.