Finally, the sun is shining, the days are warmer, longer, lighter and brighter, and the flowers are blooming. It’s time to celebrate the change of season. Things are looking up until it's time to unveil that dry and pasty winter body!
Welcome Zuii Organic Self Tanning and Body Care!
Zuii Organic have just launched their much anticipated body care and tanning collection, a range that will have your skin looking healthy, hydrated and radiant, naturally and we are super excited to have it available in-store with us at Brogers.
Why we love it.
Zuii Organic is synonomous with creating the most amazing and nourishing certified organic makeup as well as investing years to develop their new certified organic tanning and body care range, to bring you a collection that is that is both safe and effective. Zuii's has range of certifications including being certified organic, vegan, cruelty free, and has eliminated the need for the toxic nasties such as *xenohormones and synthetically produced *dihydroxyacetone (DHA's), commonly found in many commercial tanning products. To top it off, Zuii Organics self tanning and body care ranges smell divine!! You won't detect any of that hideous post tanning odour in this range.
Zuii Organic self tanners are made with real flowers, hence the name 'flora' in their product descriptions. Organic bamboo juice, calendula, sunflower, marshmallow, witch hazel, lemon peel, she butter and cucumber are just some of the ingredients used in their certified organic tanning products. The Bamboo and Citrus Body Wash has a delicate, fresh clean scent, while gently cleansing and hydrating your skin.
New to the world of Zuii 'self-tanning' & body care but not sure where to start?
Zuii Self Tanning & Body Collection:
- Zuii Organic Flora Self Tanning Foam will give you an instant, natural-looking tan, while simultaneously nourishing your skin. The lightweight foam is easy to apply with the Zuii Mitt and glides on effortlessly to deliver a no-orange tan for up to 10 days. Available in 4 shades - Light, Medium, Dark & Ultra Dark. NO stickiness. NO scent. NO synthetic dyes.
- Gradual Body Tan Body Lotion will give you a customisable tan and glowing, hydrated skin. Apply like your regular moisturiser one-two times daily to achieve your desired tan depth. NO stains. NO streaks. NO stench.
- Gradual Tan Face Water tan, hydrate and firm your face the natural way. Light as water, use just like a toner - smooth onto your skin after cleansing and you’re good to glow! Perfect as a moisturiser under your foundation. Quick to dry. Non-comedogenic. Anti-ageing.
- Zuii Organic Flora Gradual Tan Face Lotion. Not only does this innovative formulation offer a no-orange, natural-looking tan, it also moisturises, boosts collagen and reduces fine lines. No orange. Anti-ageing. Non-oily.
- Hydrating Body Polish, made from a unique blend of organic ingredients. Himalayan Salt and Bamboo Stem will exfoliate while Bamboo Extract will provide a nutrient rich replenishment to your skin. Use once or twice a week for silky soft, hydrated skin. Gentle. Refreshing. Hydrating.
So how can I be sure my Zuii Tanning products are safe?
- Zuii is made from certified organic ingredients.
- Zuii has the recognised certifications such as COSMOS, BDIH, NASAA to safe-guard against products that market themselves as natural when they actually include one or two natural ingredients added to a cocktail of nasty chemicals to pass off as natural (aka Green Washing)
- Zuii is free of xenohormones (hormone disrupting ingredients) & synthetically created dihydroxyactone DHA's (used to generate the tanning effect and can lead to damage and change within cell DNA), and other nasties such as parabens, formaldehyde & artificial fragrances.
Why you should avoid these nasties in your tanning products?
DHA is the chemical used in fake tans to turn the skin a darker colour. The chemically made DHA, not to be confused with docosahexaenoic acid (an essential fatty acid found in fish) which also goes by the acronym DHA, or natural forms derived from the likes of beets, has been shown in lab testing to damage and change cell DNA. This means that the risk of cancers is increased. In particular, commercial spray tans or aerosol tanning bottles have an even larger risk, as the DHA particles are not only absorbed through the skin, but also through mucous membranes (eyes and mouth) and inhaled, where the chemical can lodge in the lungs. This may increase the risk of asthma and lung cancer. These chemicals may also cause skin rashes in some. Which is actually a good thing, because it’s an obvious sign that the product is toxic and you shouldn’t be using it.
Are synthetic hormones which are found in plastics, car exhaust, nail polish, sunscreen, cosmetics, creams and soaps. Xenohormones can have a negative impact on endocrine issues such as endometriosis, PMS, cysts in the breasts and ovaries, hormone dis-regulation and even infertility.
Other nasties found in mainstream brands to avoid, include:
Toxins such as parabens, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, and artificial fragrances.